The library of Emirates College of Technology was established to support the educational process at the college through making available the most advanced information sources in various forms, processing, organizing and arranging these on the shelves to be at the hands of library-goers.
- Provide the most recent information sources to benefit library-goers and education at the college.
- Train and guide library-goers on the research in information sources to get the required information.
- Train librarians to better serve library-goers get best services.
- Effectively contribute towards enforcement of ECT mission.
The library contains printed and electronic data sources that cover all specializations and courses offered at ECT, as well as general educational and advanced sources, to support the educational process at the college.
- Printed sources
- Books: the library has more than 9484 book titles (15729). These are arranged on the library shelves according to the Dewy Decimal system.
- Periodicals: the library is subscribed in several Arab and foreign printed periodicals that are arranged on the shelves alphabetically in terms of titles.
- Daily newspapers: the library is subscribed in a number of local, daily newspapers in Arabic and English languages.
- Audio and visual facilities: these come in the form of laser CDs and Videotapes.
- Electronic sources: the library has subscriptions in the following databases:
a. Specialized in e-books in all majors.
b. Emerald Journals.
- Management and Leadership
- Sales and Marketing
- Change Management and Innovation
- Strategy and international Business
- Human Resources and Training
- Knowledge Management
- Health Care Management
- Accounting, Finance and E-business
- Operation, Logistics and Quality
The library offers its services to the college community (represented by faculty, students and employees) through the following facilities:
1. Computer and internet labs:
Male and Female library branches both contain computer labs connected to the internet to facilitate library-goers (faculty, students, employees) while conducting their research in all data sources available on the internal web of the college and internet. All library-goers may conduct research in person or with the help of a librarian. They may also print, save or send the research results via email.rn
2. Wireless web:
The library allows its users to benefit from the wireless web when working on their personal laptops there.
- Printing and photocopying: all library-goers may use printers (normal and colored) or photocopy while adhering to the regulations of the common copyrights.
- Scanning: there are scanners connected to computers for library-goers to use.
- Special study rooms: the library has special study rooms for group discussions and lectures.
- Research in the library information sources:
- Electronic index: this helps library-users look for information in the library from inside or outside the college.
- Searching in the electronic databases: they can search in the electronic databases, from inside or outside the college as well, through the electronic site of databases.
- Ongoing Notifications and Updates: The library continuously updates its library-goers throughout:
- The library-goers are informed through a periodical received by email with all updates like new subscriptions in databases or details about the research, and access to various data sources.
- All library branches have simplified guides on its various services and sources. They are available to get at any time.
Library working hours:
Saturday-Wednesday: 8.00 am – 9.00 pm
Thursday: 8.00 am – 5.00 pm
Friday: 2.00 pm – 9.00 pm
- Students and staff can borrow two books for two weeks. They can renew borrowing the same books unless other library-users needed the books. Whereas faculty can borrow up to five books for a whole semester. Upon loss or damage of any books, the borrower is fined double the cost of each book.
- The borrower is fined (1 Dirham) for each day of delay after the due date of returning the book.
- It is not allowed to use Mobile phones, eat, drink or smoke inside the library. It is also forbidden to chat loudly or on the internet.
- All bags must be left on their special shelves at the library entrance.
- Books are to be left on the tables after finished from reading as the librarian will return them back, and it is not allowed to trace or write on the books.
- Chairs are to be placed back after users are done.
- Some information sources are not allowed to be borrowed. These include dictionaries, books with parts, encyclopedias, uncommon and important books, and periodicals.
|1||Ahmad Matalka||Manager of the library|