The student has to refer to the academic counselor, If the academic counselor is unable to solve the problem, the student has to refer to student’s affairs (student’s counselor) to help him in this regard.
The student has to refer to the Student’s Affairs (Student’s Counselor) to guide and help him.
Student’s Counselor at the Student’s Affairs can help you to overcome the problem, taking into consideration that these problems are kept confidential.
Student’s Counselor at the Student’s Affairs can help you to overcome such problems resulting from stress, anxiety, etc.
You can’t do that unless you got a pre-permission from the Student’s Affairs at the college.
Students should always be dressed in a way that suits the educational environment as required in such places. So it is never allowed to wear something that is out of the U.A.E. cultures, customs, and traditions. Regarding what’s mentioned above students have to:
- Be dressed in such a way that suits the place they study at (the college). As for girls: they should use makeup moderately and as little as they could. For example, it is not allowed to color their hair with different colors and so on.
- Students are not allowed to use metal pieces to be put on their faces, lips, noses, and eyebrows because such behavior does not suit the customs and traditions in the U.A.E.
Smoking is not allowed in all college campuses.
The college provides transportation in Abu Dhabi area and suburbs for reasonable prices for female students only and registration starts at the beginning of each semester.
The Student’s Affairs Department organizes trips throughout the academic year in addition to celebrating religious and national occasions.
Using cameras is not allowed. Students need formal permission from the administration to take photos.
Yes, in fact, there is and it is composed of elected members from each group level. The students’ council is responsible for representing the students, defending their rights, encouraging academic cooperation and helping to preserve the college reputation.rnrnThe students’ council has regular meetings under the supervision of the students’ affair office to organize and coordinate students’ different activities aiming at promoting fitness and sports among students. It also encourages cultural and intellectual activities and makes brochures that acquaint students with informative and entertaining details.
- Receive a quality education.
- Receive a general plan of the course at the beginning of each semester which includes the number of credit hours, course description, objectives and references or resources that can be used as complementary materials.
- Knowledge of graduation requirements for the diploma or degree program, course description, course additional requirements, registration procedures and course availability, timetable, and fees.
- Knowledge of the penalties inflicted in the case of fraud or plagiarism.
- Knowledge of the attendance policy and the consequences in case of non-compliance.
- To be notified immediately in the case of cancellation of one of the classes.
- Classes should begin and end on time.
- Receive information related to any changes in classrooms’ rules from the instructors.
- Marks are kept confidential and Checking them with the instructors.
- Reviewing their Students’ files.
- Following the necessary procedure for registration, withdrawal or addition of courses as explained by the student’s handbook.
- Attendance which should be on time.
- Respecting the instructor’s decision about the attendance policy.
- Respecting the instructor’s right to determine the course content, methodology, and evaluation.
- Taking into account the right of the instructor in determining the deadlines of the assignments and they have to be aware of the penalties imposed in case of failure to comply with these deadlines.
- Doing their assignments by themselves. Note that there is no tolerance in the case of plagiarism.
- Taking the test and examinations as scheduled by the instructors.
- Students take responsibility for the classes in which they were absent.
- Students follow up and implement what is stated in the regulations and policies of the college.
- 1. The deliberate absence from the mandatory lectures and activities in accordance with the regulations of the college. 2. Submitting assignments after the deadline. 3. Any action against religion or morals, or any act that may tarnish the reputation of the college, or their employees like:
- Any act of blasphemy, insult the divine (God), religion, the Holy Quran, or the prophets.
- Stealing items from college, staff, or students.
- Drinking alcoholics or using banned substances.
- Any offense, whether verbal or physical, against employees or students.
- Damage or misuse of property and resources of the college, or the property of others, including students, staff, and visitors.
- Publish or exchange, download hostile or illegal materials; such as insults, sexual discrimination or pornography.
4. Transmission of false information to the College, or forgery, or impersonate a student at exams. 5. Conviction of a crime. 6. Damaging the property of the college. 7. Any insult directed to the staff or students of the college. 8. Lack of academic integrity including plagiarism or cheating.
- Verbal warning.
- Written warning.
- Expel the student from the classroom.
- Deprive the student of attending lectures.
- Deprive the student of participating in activities that he previously misbehaved in.
- Replace or repair what has been damaged by the student.
- Cancel exams of one subject or more.
- Suspension from the college for a week.
- Get zero in case of plagiarism or cheating.
- Course failure.
- Enforced withdrawal from the course.
- Suspension from the college for one semester or more.
- Dismissal from the college.
Note: The student shall be notified of the penalties in writing by the head of Student’s Affairs. In case of dismissal due to student’s misconduct the decision is signed by the President of Emirates College of Technology and a copy is kept in the student’s file.