Any member of the Academic Faculty is an Academic Adviser who is always willing to provide you all advice and consultation needed.  At the beginning of the academic year, students’ names are listed in groups according to their majors and each group is guided and advised by a particular adviser.

A student has to do the following:

  • The student has to show his college card at the registration desk to get his User name and password.
  • Through his password, a student can use any of the concerned computer sets to get a list of the recommended courses of his/her major.
  • A student must refer to the academic advisor for a consultation about his/her study plan and possible choices.
  • In exceptional cases like registering for an alternative course, or adding a new course that is not on the recommended online ones, a student has to refer to the concerned department head to get his /her written approval, which must be submitted to the registration staff to do what is required.
  • A student must check with the financial department the tuition fees and other affairs concerned.
  • A student has to register and print his /her timetable electronically.
  • A student has to refer to the bookshop to get his/her required books.

Early registration will help you plan well and choose the appropriate timings for your courses. However, late registration may deprive you of joining a particular class because it is already full or some other courses are canceled.

In order not to lose the chance, you must enroll on all the possible courses, and then get your name registered on the waiting list at the registration department so that you can join any newly opened class. You will be informed of that through an SMS.

It is the period at which you can do add or drop courses without losing the fees you have paid.

The allowed drop and add period:

  • Two weeks from the beginning of the first and second semester.
  • One week from the beginning of the summer semester.

He/she has to apply to the registration department for such cancellation but the fees paid are not refundable.

If you cancel a course in the drop and add/ period, you will not lose the fees paid and could be transferred to the following semester. However, if you withdraw from any course after the drop and add/ period, you will lose the fees and the grade (W) will be marked on your transcript.

Credits are the total hours which a student gets in a class. (The credits of a particular subject are three in each class).

The allowed number of credits for you per semester A student with an acceptable academic average (above 2) can take 15 – 18 credits.

A student with an accumulative average of 1- (2.00 – 2.49) can take five courses 2- (2.5 – 3.59) can take six courses 3- (3.6) or above can take seven subjects providing that he gets the dean’s approval. A student with a low academic average (less than 2) and has received a warning can take twelve credits provided that he/she retakes the course she/she got (F or D)

The reason for this is to make students work hard enough to raise their CGPA. Regarding the academic warning, a student can retake the subjects with the low grades of (F and D) to pass them with higher grades and then he/she can raise his/her CGPA.

The College gives him/her the first warning and puts him under close observation for one semester. If he/she doesn’t improve, he/she gets the second warning and remains under the college’s monitoring for a second semester. If after these procedures, he/she doesn’t improve and reach the CGPA of 2 he/she will be dismissed from the program and will be required to change his/her major.

You can get it from the registration department.

You can get it from the student’s affairs department.

No, no one can except your parents and only after you applies officially for that.

According to the college bylaws, no information is given over the phone. You have to apply in person for any documents or official papers you need.

I should apply to the registration department by filling out the required form. All the similar courses that you have passed in your past major will be counted for you provided your mark is (c) upwards and your CGPA is not less than (2).

You can postpone your studies for only one semester through the student’s affairs office.

You will have no choice in your classes and timings and you will struggle with yourself to understand the subjects as part of them were covered before you joined these classes.

You can repeat any course as many times as possible within the allowed pr. The last mark you get will be counted for you.