1. Submission of Application
An application for admission to any program offered by ECT can be only submitted in Person.
2. Documents Required
To apply for any program offered by ECT prospective students must submit:
- Fill out the Admission form and accept the system and laws in E.C.T.
- Original High School Certificate attested from the Ministry of education in U.A.E.
- Seven different subjects from O, AS or A Levels with a minimum grade C & above.
- Passing IESOL, TOEFL, IELTS, or EmSat if applicable.
- 3500/- as a first payment (not refundable).
- Passport copy.
- 2 photographs.
- A.E National ID.
*Prospective students must sign a consolidated pledge (ECT/REG/F.02.01) at the Admission Office in order to complete the file.*Applicants who have submitted applications with missing information will be requested to provide required information prior to a full assessment of the application can be undertaken.
3. Informing the Student
Upon the assessment of the admission application, the Admission Office, being the responsible unit, will inform the student with the status of his/her admission through the acceptance admission letter.
4. Attestation of Documents
In cases where a certificate is issued by other educational authority outside UAE, the documents have to be attested to by that relevant authority (such as Ministry of Education, Education Board, and British council), then the concerned country’s Embassy in the UAE, then the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the UAE.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- All applicants for ECT’s programs must achieve a recognized and official secondary school certificate or its equivalent showing successful completion of secondary education.
- All applicants who studied at private schools have to be graduates from a school that is licensed and recognized by the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
- Students who complete a UAE General Secondary School Certificate must achieve a minimum score of 60% for entry to ECT’s undergraduate programs, according to the regulations of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. However, students with scores of less than 60% can study in the Foundation certificate program and should pass 5 courses namely, Arabic Communication, IT, Mathematics, Study Skills and English Communication before they proceed to the college programs.
- Students with Industrial, Applied Technology, Commercial and Agricultural Secondary School Certificates and with a minimum score of 65% can be admitted to ECT programs. However, students with these certificates and with scores less than 65% can be admitted in the Foundation Program. Students under this category should provide an equivalency from the Ministry of Education.
- Applicants from foreign schools that follow systems of education applied in their native countries, which have two levels of secondary school education, have to complete the higher level of secondary education in order to be admitted.
English Language Requirements
An adequate level of English language proficiency is required for admission. Applicants are required to present one of the following certificates of proficiency:
The English proficiency
- IESOL a minimum score of B1 (English & Arabic Programs).
- ITP a minimum score of 500 (English Programs), a minimum score of 450 (Arabic Programs).
- IBT a minimum score of 61 (English Programs), a minimum score of 45 (Arabic Programs).
- IELTS a minimum score of 5.0 (English Programs), a minimum score of 4.5 (Arabic Programs).
- EmSat a minimum score of 1100 (English Programs), a minimum score of 950 (Arabic Programs).
Note: If the student does not meet the required English proficiency language, he or she will be allowed to register English level and some courses from the General Program.
Admission Policy for Transfer Students
An application for transfer shall be made by admission staff and sent to Academic Officials for their decisions then lodged with the Head of Registration and Admission to be fed in the system. Such applications must be accompanied by full documentation of previous studies, including certified transcripts of results and course description or syllabi. Transfer may only be awarded for a course/subject completed successfully. A transfer applicant has to submit an official transcript and course description.
Transferring from Other Institutes
Students wishing to transfer from accredited Colleges or Universities must apply to the Admission office in accordance with the following criteria:
- To submit a certified transcript issued by the University of Origin and to enclose the prospectus of the program they have been following.
- Each course being considered for transfer should have a number of credit hours not less than the equivalent course offered by ECT.
- The student should have passed the course considered for transfer purposes with grade C at least.
- The course content should be matching at least 75% of the corresponding course offered at ECT.
- Students should complete at least 50% of the program offered at ECT.
- No credit hours will be given for work experience.
- A transfer credit may be granted for a combination of two courses or more.
- Students who transfer from other Accredited Colleges or Universities with a GPA greater than 2.0 will be considered for admission.
- Transfer students with less than 2.0 GPA will be admitted to programs in fields different from the one from which they are transferring; and they will be placed under probation.
- The maximum course load of a student on probation is limited to 12 hours per semester.
- Students on probationary admission should score a GPA of 2.0 at the end of his/her first semester after signing the relative form (ECT/REG/F.09.01).
- Transfer students who passed the UAE secondary school certificate with a score less than 60% can be accepted at ECT under the following conditions:
- They should have spent a full academic year at any accredited college or university.
- Their cumulative GPA must be 2.5 or above.
- To grant students the status of ‘transferred students’ they should have spent a full academic semester at any Accredited College or University; and should have taken at least 12 credit hours at these institutions.
- Transfer students should provide an evidence of English Proficiency, i.e., a TOEFL score of 500 or equivalent (IELTS 5.0 or IESOL B2) to be admitted at ECT programs. Transfer students from western universities or colleges outside the UAE, which use English as a medium of instruction, can be admitted directly to the college, if they provide evidence that they were admitted at their respective institutions based on their TOEFL score of 500 or equivalent (IELTS 5.0).
Transfer Credits for ECT Students from Other Institutions
- Only ECT graduating students, while studying at ECT, can transfer courses from other accredited educational institutions if these courses are not offered at ECT.
- These students should not take more than 6 courses in a regular semester or 3 courses in a summer semester at ECT including the courses to be transferred.
- The maximum number of courses to be transferred is 2 courses only in any semester.
- The content of any transferred course should not be less than 75% of the content of the equivalent ECT course.
- Students should obtain a prior written approval from the Dean for any course to be transferred.