Dr. Amor Ben Amor
Dr. Amor Ben Amor joined the Emirates College of Technology in 2015 as Assistant Professor. He is the Head of the Public Relations Department since 2017. He obtained his PhD in communication sciences from Laval University (Canada) in 2007. His research focuses on social uses of technology, cultural studies and reception theories. He taught communication both in Tunisia and Canada. He is member of the reading committee of the “Communication Magazine,” at Laval University from 2012. Dr. Amor supervised many Master’s theses in Communication and Public Relations. He published many papers and participated in several conferences from 2004 to 2019.
- PhD in Communication, Laval University (Canada), 2007.
- Master in Public Communication, Laval University (Canada), 2003.
- Bachelor in Corporate Communication Press and Information Sciences Institute (IPSI), Manouba University (Tunisia), 2000.
- Social Uses of Information and Communications Technology ( ICT)
- Reception Theories
- Cultural Studies
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Mass Communication
- Public Relations
- Strategic communication
- BEN AMOR Amor and Saddek Rabah, “Relations 2.0, strategies of Friendship Management on Facebook in Tunisia”. Media Watch, Vol. 10, No. 02, pp. 404-418, 2019.
- Ben Amor, Amor, “Culture, Conceptualization Essay”; In Tunisian Journal of Communication, N 65, Ipsi, University of Mannouba, Tunis, 2016.
- BEN AMOR, Amor, “Tunisian CyberDissidence”, In Communication, vol. 32 (1), Nota Bene Publishing, Quebec, 2013. Digital version at this address: https://journals.openedition.org/communication/4707
- BEN AMOR, Amor, “Uses and Strategies of Appropriation”, In Communication, vol. 29 (1), Éditions Nota Bene, Québec, 2011. Digital version at this address: http://communication.revues.org/index2375.html
- BEN AMOR, Amor, “The Appropriation of Cellular Technology in Tunisia, beyond uses … a discourse”, In Communication, Vol. 27 (1), Nota Bene Publishing, Quebec, 2009. Digital version at this address: http://communication.revues.org/index1355.html