Dr. Bilel Elayeb
Dr. Bilel Elayeb is an Associate Professor of Computer Science and the Head of the College Research Unit at the Emirates College of Technology in Abu Dhabi, UAE. He obtained a University Habilitation to Direct Research (HDR Thesis) in Computer Science, in 2018, from the National School of Computer Science (ENSI) at Manouba University in Tunisia, and a PhD Thesis in Computer Science, in 2009, from the National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse (INPT) in France. His research focuses on Mono-, Multi and Cross-Language Information Retrieval (IR), Word Sense Disambiguation (WSD), Analogical IR, Computational Linguistic, Arabic Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Information Reliability. He has been, since 2002, a member of the RIADI research laboratory at the National School of Computer Science (ENSI) at Manouba University in Tunisia, and he was a member of the Informatics Research Institute of Toulouse (IRIT), 2005-2009. Dr. Elayeb has supervised a number of Masters and Ph.D. theses in Artificial Intelligence, IR and NLP. He has published, since 2006 to date, about 50 refereed scientific papers in many reputed international journals and conferences. Dr. Elayeb is a reviewer for many international peer-reviewed journals, and he also acts as a program committee member for several national and international conferences.
- Bilel Elayeb, Amina Chouigui, Myriam Bounhas and Oussama Ben Khiroun, “Automatic Arabic Text Summarization using Analogical Proportions”. Cognitive Computation, Springer, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 1-37, 2020. DOI: 10.1007/s12559-020-09748-y
- Bilel Elayeb, “Arabic Word Sense Disambiguation: A Review”. Artificial Intelligence Review, Springer, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 2475-2532, 2019.
- Bilel Elayeb, Wiem Ben Romdhane, Narjès Bellamine Ben Saoud, “Towards a New Possibilistic Query Translation Tool for Cross-Language Information Retrieval”. Multimedia Tools and Applications, Springer, Vol. 77, No. 02, pp. 2423-2465, 2018.
- Bilel Elayeb and Ibrahim Bounhas, “Arabic Cross-Language Information Retrieval: A Review”. In ACM Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing, ACM Press, vol. 15, No. 3, Article 18, 44 pages, 2016.
- Bilel Elayeb, Ibrahim Bounhas, Oussama Ben Khiroun, Fabrice Evrard, and Narjès Bellamine Ben Saoud, “A Comparative Study between Possibilistic and Probabilistic Approaches for Monolingual Word Sense Disambiguation”. In Knowledge and Information Systems (KAIS), Springer London, Vol. 44, issue 1, pp. 91-126, 2015.
- Ibrahim Bounhas, Raja Ayed, Bilel Elayeb, Fabrice Evrard and Narjès Bellamine Ben Saoud, “Experimenting a discriminative possibilistic classifier with reweighting model for Arabic morphological disambiguation”. In Computer Speech and Language (CSL), Elsevier, Vol. 33, No. 01, pp. 67-87, 2015.
- Ibrahim Bounhas, Raja Ayed, Bilel Elayeb and Narjès Bellamine Ben Saoud, “A hybrid possibilistic approach for Arabic full morphological disambiguation”. In Data & Knowledge Engineering (DKE), Elsevier, Vol. 100, Part B, pp. 240-254, 2015.
Ibrahim Bounhas, Bilel Elayeb, Fabrice Evrard, and Yahya Slimani, “Information reliability evaluation: from Arabic storytelling to computer sciences”. In ACM Journal on Computing and Cultural Heritage (ACM-JOCCH), ACM Press, vol. 8, No. 3, Article 14, 33 pages, 2015.