Dr. Djamel Bellout
Dr. Djamel Bellout is the Head of the General Education and Foundation Department at Emirates College of Technology, Abu Dhabi.
Dr. Djamel Bellout obtained his PhD from The University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, his Masters from the same university, and his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Algiers.
Prior to joining ECT, Dr. Djamel Bellout worked for AD Housing Authority as Economic Affairs Advisor and Director of the Policy Development and Research Department, where he supervised major projects such as “AD National Housing Sector Impact on Vital Development Sectors”, “AD Nationals Housing Needs Survey 2016”, and the periodic release of the “National Housing Index” and the “Housing Benefits Services Monthly Report “. Before that, he served in DED – RAK as Statistical Consultant and Studies and Statistics Division Director, where he overarched RAK Official Statistics publications, and lead a major project like “Household Income and Expenditure Survey 2014–2015”, “RAK Tourism Survey–2013” and “RAK Economic Survey–2012”. In both positions, he was involved in Government Competitiveness/Ease of Doing Business and TQM Activities and offered Government Statistical Training/Consulting. Academically, he worked for several universities starting at George Washington University in 1987/88, two Algerian Universities 1988 to 1995, ECT, Ajman University and Abu Dhabi University between 1997 and 2000, UAEU 2000 to 2006, then AURAK in 2012. During these assignments, he taught numerous courses, published scientific papers and field studies, supervised Master/PhD theses, refereed papers for periodicals like Annals of Statistics and Communications in Statistics and Advances in Decision Sciences and more.
Selected publications: (for a complete list please refer to CV)
- An Adaptive Rule for Stopping a Discovery Process under Time Censorship. J. Statist. Plann. Inference 137 (2007) 2328-2335. SummaryPlus | Full Text + Links | PDF (158 K) | View Related Articles
- Order Restricted Estimation of Distributions with Censored Data. J. Statist. Plann. Inference 21 (1989) 27-39.
- Bootstrap and other Methods to Measure Learning in UAE Universities and Higher Colleges. Proceedings of the Second Annual Conference for Middle East Teachers of Science, Mathematics and Computing METSMaC 2006, Abu Dhabi, March 2006.
- Official Statistics: Practice, Training and their Impediments with focus on RAK Experience. Proceedings of the 2nd Arab Statistical Conference, Surt–Libya, Nov. 2009.
- The Impact of Renewable Energies on the Prospects of World Demand on Crude Oil. Proceedings of the International Conference: “Development of Petroleum Production Capacity in Arab Countries: Current and Future Role in Fulfilling the Global Energy Demand”. Abu Dhabi-UAE, June 2012.