Dr. Elarbi Elkaroui
Dr. Elarbi is currently working as Assistant Professor at the ECT, Department of Management.
Dr. Elarbi had his PhD in Business Administration from Tohoku University, Graduate school of Economics and Business, Japan. He obtained his master’s degree from Tohoku University, Graduate school of Economics and Business, Japan. And his bachelor’s in Quantitative Methods and Applied Statistics from the ISG Quant. Department, University of Sousse, Tunisia.
He was also a postdoctoral fellow in Data Mining, Modeling Consumer behaviour using RFID data with the Institute of Socio-Network Studies, Kansai University, Japan.
Dr. Elarbi’s main specialization and research field include Stochastic Modeling and econometrics, MCMC and State-Space representation, Stock Market volatility and systemic Risk, Time-series Forecast, and Bayesian modelling in Marketing Research.
Prior to joining ECT at 2014, Dr. Elarbi worked as an assistant professor in different institutions (at the Graduate and Undergraduate schools) such as Kansai University, Japan and the ULMT, Tunisia.
- Hajer Zarrouk, Laura Galloway, Mohamed Sherif, Elarbi Elkaroui, Anas Al Mulla “Entrepreneurial Orientation in Small Firms: A Qualitative Exploration in The Context of an Emerging Economy”. Research Handbook on Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies. Chapter 4, Edward Elgar Publishing – 2020.
- Hajer Zarrouk, Mohamed Sherif, Laura Galloway, Elarbi Elkaroui, Anas Al Mulla “The Impact of Entrepreneurial Orientation on Firm Performance in Small and Medium-sized UAE and Abu Dhabi Businesses”. ADEC sponsored project on SMEs performances; “Entrepreneurial orientation in small business in Abu Dhabi”. ISBE 2017
- Elarbi Elkaroui “Modeling the Consumer Shopping Path: An approach based on two levels path decomposition “, Research Meeting of DM Lab, Kansai University, 11. 2010
- Elarbi Elkaroui “Measuring the Market Efficiency: An Application of Time-Deformation Models “, Doctoral Thesis Pre-Defense at the Special Meeting of Quantitative Research Unit, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University, 02.2010
- Elarbi Elkaroui “State-Space Models: Concept Analysis and Application”, International Graduate Students Conference Tohoku & Kyoto University, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 11. 2005