Mrs. Mayha Mohammed Ali
Mrs. Mayha is the lecturer of Natural Sciences and Man and Environment courses, General Education and Foundation Department at Emirates College of Technology, Abu Dhabi.
Mrs. Mayha Mohammed Ali received her Master degree from Khartoum University in Sudan. Prior to this, she obtained her Bachelors (Honors) degree from the University of Khartoum.
Prior to joining ECT, Mrs Mayha was a member of the faculty at full-time Lecturer – University of Medical Science and Technology, Sudan. Part-time Lecturer – Botany Department, Faculty of Science, The University of Khartoum and at some universities in Sudan.
Selected publications: (for a complete list please refer to this link/CV)
- Marmar A. El Siddig, Zahra M. Ibrahim, M. Nor Elmadiena, Adil.A. El-Hussein. 2015. Poster. Prevalence, Antimicrobial Resistance Pattern and Plasmid Profile of Salmonella Serovars in Sudan. ICGEB/IUBMB Advanced School on “The Role of the Microbiome in Disease, At Hermanus, 13 – 18 September 2015 Cape Town, South Africa.
- M. Nor Elmadiena, Adil. A. El Hussein, C. Anne Muckle, Linda Cole, Elizabeth Wilkie, Ketna Mistry, and Ann Perets. 2012. Title: Antimicrobial susceptibility and multi-drug resistance of Salmonella enterica subspecies enterica serovars in Sudan. Tropical Animal Health Production. (http://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%252Fs11250-012-0334-7)
- Adil A. El Hussein, Halima S. Mohy-Eldin, Mayha M. Nor Elmadiena and Marmar A. El Siddig. 2012. Prevalence, Detection and Antimicrobial Resistance Pattern of Salmonella in Sudan. Chapter 3, Salmonella – Distribution, Adaptation, Control Measures and Molecular Technologies, ISBN 978-953-51-0661-6,p 51- 80. http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/prevalence-detection- and- antimicrobial-resistance-pattern-of-salmonella-in-sudan
- El-Hussein, A.A., M.N. Elmadiena, S.M. Elsaid, M.A.M. Siddig and C.A. Muckle et al., 2010. Prevalence of Salmonella enterica subspecies enterica serovars in Khartoum State, Sudan. Res. J.Microbiol., 5:966973.
- M. Nor Elmadiena, A.A. El-Hussein, M.A.M. Siddig, C.A. Muckle, L. Cole, E. Wilkie, K. Mistry. 2010. Oral and poster presentation: Molecular Characterization and Antimicrobial Susceptibility of Salmonella spp. Isolated from Different Sources in Sudan, 6th Conference on New Frontiers in Microbiology and Infection (CNFMI), Salmonella, Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland, 3-7 October, 2010. (Presented by M. M. Nor Elmadiena).
- M. Nor Elmadiena, A.A. El-Hussein, M.A.M. Siddig, C.A. Muckle, L. Cole, E. Wilkie, K. Mistry. 2009. Poster Presentation: Serological, Molecular Characterization and Antimicrobial Susceptibility of Salmonella spp. Isolated from Different Sources in Sudan, 3rd ASM Conference on Salmonella: Biology, Pathogenesis & Prevention, October 5 – 9, 2009, Aix-en-Provence, France. (Presented by M. M. Nor Elmadiena).
- Hag Elsafi, H.E.H., M.M. Nor Elmadiena, A.A. El-Hussein, M.A.M. Siddig, C.A. Muckle, L. Cole, E. Wilkie, K. Mistry. 2009. Salmonella Umbadah: A new Salmonella serovar isolated from cattle in Sudan. Tropical Animal Health and Production ,Volume 41, Number7,16051606,DOI:10.1007/s1125000993534.www.springerlink.com/index/pp21072087370154.pdf