A new and modern homepage for the Emirates College of Technology is launched on Thursday, July 04, 2019 under the patronage of Prof. Abdul Rahim Sabouni, the President and CEO who provided inspiring leadership, vision, motivation, removing roadblocks, and coaching the team to do their best work.
The new and uncluttered homepage was developed internally by a collaboration of talented team at ECT (Mr Mubeen Mulla – Senior Web Graphic Designer, and Mr Youssef Al Naimat – Lecturer and Content Writer, with extensive input from every segment of the College community: faculty and staff.
The new homepage is built on a customized version of the ECT sites platform which is distinguished by its flexibility, cost-efficiency, and most importantly, responsiveness and accessibility to all users, regardless of the device or assistive technology.
How Is the New Site Better?
- Uncluttered, modern design reflecting the College’s academic and research excellence
- Mobile-friendly design and content that looks great on screens of all sizes
- Technical upgrades that assist users with hearing, visual, and mobility impairments in accessing content
- Simplified navigation and content structure that allows the homepage to expand its editorial mission and showcase research, cultural opportunities, educational programs, and civic engagement
- Multiple options for locating and consuming key content
- Real-time content updates
- A user-friendly content management system that makes updating the site easier
- Enhanced search experience
- Social media integration
- More complete and better-organized directories
- Integration with the College events calendar
For those both within and beyond our city campus, the new ECT homepage provides a more dynamic platform for a range of storytelling about the College, from video to social media. A key purpose of ECT new homepage not only serves the academic community but also provides a digital front door for users all over the UAE interested in learning about the Emirates College of Technology.
Most Importantly, Get Connected! Follow us on social media to be able to know about the latest ECT news!